The Cathedral
The fortitude Cathedral, as it was defined, was built around 1400 onto the ruins of a little medieval church dedicated to St. Nicola from Bari.
It has a structure at latin cross with three aisles. The six small altars find place in the two side aisles. Six columns, three for side, of monolithic origin in pink marble from Taormina and surmounted by decorated capitals in leaf and scale of fish, support the central aisle. This one opens under a ceiling with beams of wood and carved shelves, which reproduce Arabian motives made in Gothic style.
Of notable interest the principal portal, restructured in 1636, with a big carved rose window inspired to the Renaissance.